Thursday, July 31, 2008

"You can't HANDLE the Truth!"

By: Colonel Nathan Jessep (Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men")

Ahh... to me, this is THE defining Jack Nicholson moment.

Now I've always admired Jack Nicholson as an actor, though, sadly, I have't caught many of his movies. He isn't exactly the very top of my list, but somewhere near there.

What the character says from here on actually speaks a lot about a country's defence. Having served my own country in the military, I can empathise with his words, although the approach taken was not the best.

You might want to catch this clip available on Youtube:


But theatrics aside, how often are we able to take the truth? Every time things don't go our way, or when things go messy in love and relationships, or when we're told that we're simply just NOT GOOD...

How many of us have the strength to handle truths? Are we able to handle it by ourselves? Or do we surround ourselves with friends?

I think, at the end, even if we opt for the latter option, we'll still need to face the issue some day. Take things in a positive light, nasty people can also be trying to help you, but the real question is whether we're able to better ourselves! :D

Do you think you are able to handle The Truth?

No comments: